It’s a fact of life that many clients look locally for their therapy or counseling needs. Bridgeport residents are no different, often searching for local Bridgeport therapists for depression and anxiety as well as marriage counseling in Bridgeport and nearby. Our physical offices are in Darien, but due to the pandemic we’ve transitioned to the safety and convenience of “online therapy” for our clients in the Bridgeport area. These Video Visits are proven to be just as effective as in-person therapy and insurance usually covers the costs.
The first step is to reach out to our office and schedule a free consultation with a highly trained and caring Intake Coordinator. They will match your needs with the skills of our counseling staff to ensure you receive the best available care. You’ll meet with our therapists one-on-one via our secure Video Visits platform. Once you meet, you and your counselor will chart a course of therapy to help you get back to being you.
Regardless of if you’re looking for anxiety or depression therapy, marriage counseling or couples therapy, help for a child or for your family Darien Wellness will help. We treat a variety of mental health issues such as trauma, Covid-related issues, PTSD, Bipolar disorder and a variety of other mental health challenges.
We offer therapy for the following issues to Bridgeport residents via our online platform:
- Anxiety – we live in the Age of Anxiety, and our anxiety specialists focus on finding the best treatment methodology for your needs.
- Depression – in this new ear, many Bridgeport residents complain of debilitating depression issues. Reach out to talk with a depression therapist in the comfort of your own home via our secure Video Visits platform (or by phone)
- Marriage or Couples Counseling – modern events have really put stress on marriages and couples. Our relationship professionals are here to help
- Teen therapy – teens, perhaps more than any other group, are struggling with the issues of anxiety, depression, and other mental challenges due to the environment that they are growing up in.
- Other mental health issues – you may not know your correct diagnosis, so whether you are suffering from Panic Attacks, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD or some other form of Trauma, Bipolar I or II, OCD, or any of a myriad of other mental health issues, reach out to our counselors today.
Our goal is to find the best therapist for you not only in Bridgeport but throughout the state of Connecticut. We’re excited about our new online offerings, and via our secure telemedicine platform, we can offer proven therapeutic offerings to Bridgeport residents.
Bridgeport CT Factoid
Thomas P. White was installed as the first Chief of special constables in the City of Bridgeport (which now had a population of approximately 40,000) on December 12, 1865. A few months later, William E. Marsh was appointed the first Chief of both police and constables on April 12, 1866. In 1872, Wakeman W. Wells, a 1st sergeant of the Republican Army post in Stratford (1847), was appointed as the first Chief of police and special constables of East Bridgeport with a complement of 41 men.
The chiefs received no settled salary but they could petition the Watch committee monthly or quarterly for compensation. The Watch committee had agreed to pay reasonable compensation for time spent in the performance of duty. Additionally, on November 11, 1861, Bridgeport had appropriated $120 to furnish each cop a uniform, cap, belt and shield, which was then considered to be the property of Bridgeport.