It’s a fact of life that many clients look locally for their therapy or counseling needs. Danbury residents are no different, often searching for local Danbury therapists for depression and anxiety as well as marriage counseling in Danbury and nearby. Our physical offices are in Danbury, but due to the pandemic we’ve transitioned to the safety and convenience of “online therapy” for our clients in the Danbury area. These Video Visits are proven to be just as effective as in-person therapy and insurance usually covers the costs.
The first step is to reach out to our office and schedule a free consultation with a highly trained and caring Intake Coordinator. They will match your needs with the skills of our counseling staff to ensure you receive the best available care. You’ll meet with our therapists one-on-one via our secure Video Visits platform. Once you meet, you and your counselor will chart a course of therapy to help you get back to being you.
Regardless of if you’re looking for anxiety or depression therapy, marriage counseling or couples therapy, help for a child or for your family Danbury Wellness will help. We treat a variety of mental health issues such as trauma, Covid-related issues, PTSD, Bipolar disorder and a variety of other mental health challenges.
We offer therapy for the following issues to Danbury residents via our online platform:
- Anxiety – we live in the Age of Anxiety, and our anxiety specialists focus on finding the best treatment methodology for your needs.
- Depression – in this new ear, many Danbury residents complain of debilitating depression issues. Reach out to talk with a depression therapist in the comfort of your own home via our secure Video Visits platform (or by phone)
- Marriage or Couples Counseling – modern events have really put stress on marriages and couples. Our relationship professionals are here to help
- Teen therapy – teens, perhaps more than any other group, are struggling with the issues of anxiety, depression, and other mental challenges due to the environment that they are growing up in.
- Other mental health issues – you may not know your correct diagnosis, so whether you are suffering from Panic Attacks, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD or some other form of Trauma, Bipolar I or II, OCD, or any of a myriad of other mental health issues, reach out to our counselors today.
Our goal is to find the best therapist for you not only in Danbury but throughout the state of Connecticut. We’re excited about our new online offerings, and via our secure telemedicine platform, we can offer proven therapeutic offerings to Danbury residents.
Danbury CT Factoid
Danbury is a gem in northern Fairfield County. Perched on Connecticut’s western border, Danbury enjoys two geographical assets: size and location. The city has an area of 44 square miles, more than twice the size of Hartford, New Haven or Bridgeport. In addition to size, its proximity to New York is a strategic asset. Danbury is in northern Fairfield County, accessible to the Gold Coast – southern Fairfield County – and New York’s Westchester and Putnam counties. With comparatively affordable housing, Danbury draws residents from these pricey regions.
Size and location came together in the 1970s when major New York corporations were moving to suburban locations. The completion of I-684 put the city an hour away from Manhattan. Five major companies moved to large swaths of land in the western part of Danbury near the New York line, the largest of which was Union Carbide, which built the largest freestanding building in the state. In the early 1980s, Danbury traded its historic fairgrounds for one of the Northeast’s largest shopping malls, the Danbury Fair Mall (the city’s largest taxpayer and a major employment center).
Unlike much of the state, Danbury is growing, adding more than 10,000 residents since 2000, to reach an estimated population of 84,992. (Danbury is the state’s seventh largest municipality).