It’s a fact of life that many clients look locally for their therapy or counseling needs. New Britain residents are no different, often searching for local New Britain therapists for depression and anxiety as well as marriage counseling in New Britain and nearby. Our physical offices are in New Britain, but due to the pandemic we’ve transitioned to the safety and convenience of “online therapy” for our clients in the New Britain area. These Video Visits are proven to be just as effective as in-person therapy and insurance usually covers the costs.
The first step is to reach out to our office and schedule a free consultation with a highly trained and caring Intake Coordinator. They will match your needs with the skills of our counseling staff to ensure you receive the best available care. You’ll meet with our therapists one-on-one via our secure Video Visits platform. Once you meet, you and your counselor will chart a course of therapy to help you get back to being you.
Regardless of if you’re looking for anxiety or depression therapy, marriage counseling or couples therapy, help for a child or for your family New Britain Wellness will help. We treat a variety of mental health issues such as trauma, Covid-related issues, PTSD, Bipolar disorder and a variety of other mental health challenges.
We offer therapy for the following issues to New Britain residents via our online platform:
- Anxiety – we live in the Age of Anxiety, and our anxiety specialists focus on finding the best treatment methodology for your needs.
- Depression – in this new ear, many New Britain residents complain of debilitating depression issues. Reach out to talk with a depression therapist in the comfort of your own home via our secure Video Visits platform (or by phone)
- Marriage or Couples Counseling – modern events have really put stress on marriages and couples. Our relationship professionals are here to help
- Teen therapy – teens, perhaps more than any other group, are struggling with the issues of anxiety, depression, and other mental challenges due to the environment that they are growing up in.
- Other mental health issues – you may not know your correct diagnosis, so whether you are suffering from Panic Attacks, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD or some other form of Trauma, Bipolar I or II, OCD, or any of a myriad of other mental health issues, reach out to our counselors today.
Our goal is to find the best therapist for you not only in New Britain but throughout the state of Connecticut. We’re excited about our new online offerings, and via our secure telemedicine platform, we can offer proven therapeutic offerings to New Britain residents.
New Britain CT Factoid
The city of New Britain is located in central Connecticut and is a part of Hartford County. Once known as the “Great Swamp” in the Berlin section of Farmington, in 1754 the colony approved the area as a new parish and named it New Briton.
By the beginning of the 19th century, New Britain had made its mark as an emerging industrial village. Nicknamed the Hardware City, New Britain has been home to the Stanley Works, the American Hardware Corporation, and various other large manufacturing companies.
By 1913, the American Hardware Corporation was Connecticut’s largest employer with 12,000 workers. Today, New Britain is a working-class community known for its large Polish population. In 2010, Stanley Works purchased Black & Decker and it remains headquartered in the city.