It’s a fact of life that many clients look locally for their therapy or counseling needs. New Haven residents are no different, often searching for local New Haven therapists for depression and anxiety as well as marriage counseling in New Haven and nearby. Our physical offices are in Darien, but due to the pandemic we’ve transitioned to the safety and convenience of “online therapy” for our clients in the New Haven area. These Video Visits are proven to be just as effective as in-person therapy and insurance usually covers the costs.
The first step is to reach out to our office and schedule a free consultation with a highly trained and caring Intake Coordinator. They will match your needs with the skills of our counseling staff to ensure you receive the best available care. You’ll meet with our therapists one-on-one via our secure Video Visits platform. Once you meet, you and your counselor will chart a course of therapy to help you get back to being you.
Regardless of if you’re looking for anxiety or depression therapy, marriage counseling or couples therapy, help for a child or for your family Darien Wellness will help. We treat a variety of mental health issues such as trauma, Covid-related issues, PTSD, Bipolar disorder and a variety of other mental health challenges.
We offer therapy for the following issues to New Haven residents via our online platform:
- Anxiety – we live in the Age of Anxiety, and our anxiety specialists focus on finding the best treatment methodology for your needs.
- Depression – in this new ear, many New Haven residents complain of debilitating depression issues. Reach out to talk with a depression therapist in the comfort of your own home via our secure Video Visits platform (or by phone)
- Marriage or Couples Counseling – modern events have really put stress on marriages and couples. Our relationship professionals are here to help
- Teen therapy – teens, perhaps more than any other group, are struggling with the issues of anxiety, depression, and other mental challenges due to the environment that they are growing up in.
- Other mental health issues – you may not know your correct diagnosis, so whether you are suffering from Panic Attacks, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD or some other form of Trauma, Bipolar I or II, OCD, or any of a myriad of other mental health issues, reach out to our counselors today.
Our goal is to find the best therapist for you not only in New Haven but throughout the state of Connecticut. We’re excited about our new online offerings, and via our secure telemedicine platform, we can offer proven therapeutic offerings to New Haven residents.
New Haven CT Factoid
The city of New Haven is located in New Haven County in the southern part of the state along the Long Island Sound. The English Puritans who founded New Haven Colony in 1638 laid out the town according to a grid, known as the “Nine Square Plan,” that made accommodations for future growth. Arguably, this makes New Haven America’s first planned town. Incorporated as a city in 1784, early New Haven was a thriving port and mercantile center, as well as home to Yale College. In the 19th century, industry dominated. By the mid-1900s, after industrial decline had altered many cities, New Haven took the lead in federal urban renewal programs.