At Darien Wellness, we specialize in comprehensive psychological testing and evaluation for teenagers and adults. If you feel that you or your child may be struggling with a learning disorder (dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia), attention disorder (ADD/ADHD), autism spectrum disorder, or other psychological & cognitive concerns, please contact us to talk about how psychological testing could be helpful.
A full assessment can help figure out if it’s truly a clinical concern–not just immaturity, normal developmental issues or a lack of study skills–among other things.
What Psychological Testing Includes
While there is often variability in testing depending on your specific question(s), core elements include:
- 2-hour diagnostic interview to get background and history
- 4-6 hours of face-to-face testing (IQ, learning style, executive functions, memory, cognitive processing and personality)
- Paper-and-pencil questionnaires & behavioral checklists
- School observation (if applicable)
- 1-2 hour feedback session to discuss results and recommendations
Call us at (203) 883-0464 if you’re interested in psychological testing. We’re happy to answer any questions and help determine if it is a good fit for you.